[General] Please keep me in your prayers today...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocinava

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Hi Guys,

Is there a better/more correct way to ask someone to pray for you? How would you ask someone?

Thanks

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Hi Guys,
Is there a better/more correct way to ask someone to pray for you? How would you ask someone?

Thanks
If you are really a native English-speaking Australian as in your profile, you'd know the answer. It's not a very common phrase here.
I, personally, would never use this phrase. I would also be rather offended if someone simply assumed that I'd indulge in this sort of superstition.
However, assuming that you absolutely know that someone is religious (say you met them at a church/mosque/synagogue), then a simple, "Would you pray for me?" should suffice, as long as the other person knows what it is you want praying about.

A more secular, and probably just as (non)effective request is, "Wish me luck!" or even "Please think about me today", "Please keep me in your thoughts today."

Last edited:

Rookanga1945

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
France
"Please keep me in your prayers," I would say would suffice. I'm not religious and this doesn't offend me, but then again, I've never been asked anything like this personally. But if someone did ask for me to pray for them, I would probably respond with something like, "I'm wishing you the best."

Status
Not open for further replies.