Student or Learner
Native Language
German
Home Country
Germany
Current Location
Germany
Dear Teachers &/or Native speakers,

I am not sure about grammar and word order. Please could anybody have a look at these two paragraphs, especially the last one. Many thanks in advance.

As I am Multilingual assistant by profession I would love the opportunity to work in a British company where I can contribute my customer service skills and knowledge about the German market.
Because of different jobs in the service sector and in the office, I offer you a structured assistant with excellent communication skills keeping the overview in turbulent times and also represent your company international in an adequate way.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK

I am not sure about grammar and word order. Please could anybody have a look at these two paragraphs, especially the last one. Many thanks in advance.

As I am Multilingual assistant by profession I would love the opportunity to work in a British company where I can contribute my customer service skills and knowledge about the German market.
Because of different jobs in the service sector and in the office, I offer you a structured assistant with excellent communication skills keeping the overview in turbulent times and also represent your company international in an adequate way.

The first thing I suggest you change is the word "adequate". It means "barely acceptable", "just about OK". I wouldn't want to employ someone adequate, I want to employ someone amazing, incredible, brilliant, spectacular. I am not suggesting you use any of those words but please don't use "adequate".

MikeNewYork

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States

As I am Multilingual assistant by profession, I would love the opportunity to work in a British company where I can contribute my customer service skills and knowledge about the German market.
Because of my having had different jobs in the service sector and in the office, I offer you a structured assistant with excellent communication skills, keeping the overview in turbulent times and also representing your company internationally in a positive way.

I agree with emsr about "adequate". I have made a few corrections above.

billmcd

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States

[STRIKE]As [/STRIKE] I am a Multilingual assistant by profession and I [STRIKE] would love [/STRIKE] am eager for the opportunity to work in a British company where I can contribute my customer service skills and knowledge about the German market.
Because [STRIKE] of different [/STRIKE] I have performed a variety of jobs in the service sector and in the office, I am confident that I can offer you a [STRIKE] structured [/STRIKE] skilled assistant with excellent communication skills, [STRIKE] keeping the overview [/STRIKE] while maintaining the objectives of the enterprise especiallyin [STRIKE] turbulent [/STRIKE] times of instability in the global economy and [STRIKE] also [/STRIKE] consistently representing your company internationally in [STRIKE] an adequate [/STRIKE] a professional [STRIKE] way[/STRIKE] manner. [/QUOTE] Suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.