Student or Learner
Native Language
French
Home Country
France
Current Location
France
Hello everybody.

I did my resume in english. I tried to do my best with serious translation websites. But, i think it's better if a native speaker can verify my Resume. It's not for a specific country , i'm looking for something international. Someone can help me or know a website/forum where i can find someone.

Thanks a lot.
Germain
Here my resume:

Language skills

English :
TOEIC 815/990
B2 Level

Spanish: B1 Level

IT/Computer skills
-Excel,
-Word,
-Powerpoint
-Adobe Indesign
-Adobe Photoshop
-Adobe Première Pro

Extracurricular Activites

Blog on my experience as volunteer in Sweden

Realized a short promotional movie sur la Région du Saguenay Lac Saint Jean au Québec

- International current events
-French political life
- Social sciences
- Politics of European
Union

Swimming practice, Fitness, Travels

Education
2012 - Bachelor’s Degree in Tourism Management at La Rochelle Business
School of Tourism (La Rochelle, France)
2012 - Bachelor’s Degree in Tourism Economy
ITBS - ESTHUA Angers, France
2012 - State-certified operations manager in leisure organisations and
touristic accomodation
2010 - Undergraduate technical diploma in Tourism (History, geography,
Tourism’s market in the world, accounting, marketing and management)
2008 - A-level diploma in Business Management, Accounting and Marketing

Expériences
January/August 2013 Management Assistant
Coopérative de solidarité VERTE (Saguenay,Québec)
Missions: -Financial diagnosis of the organisation and suggestion of solutions
-Creation of new work method in the Eco-tourism branch
-Reorganisation of the differents branches
-Setting up partnerships
-Reservation monitoring (Hotello) and the distribution channels (Booking.com, Softbooker, Hostelworld)
-Update the websites (web 2,0, Content Management System, Social Media)

Octobre/Novembre 2012 Visitor Services Assistant
Regional Cuncil of Vendée (Les Sables d’Olonne, France) Race of Vendée Globe 2012
Mission: Inform the public and Survey the stocks of posters, flyers

April/September 2012 Final year internship of Business developpement
Coopérative de Solidarité VERTE (Saguenay, Québec)
Missions: -Setting up packages in the reservation system «Hotello»
-Etablish new tools (agreements for example) for partnerships
-Creation of promotional tools
-Run daily tasks of Accomodations

January/ August 2011 Europeen Voluntary Service
Nätvekert SIP (Växjö, Suède) Mission: Creation of a community café
Physical design, tasks organisation, workflow including cuisine and menus. Language used: English, immersion in an international atmosphere.

June/September 2010 Tour-operator represantative
Company «Vagues Océanes» (Camping at Palavas-les-flots, France)
Missions: - Check-in/Check-out Mobil-Homes facilities (25 Mobil-Homes)
-Tourism information and Tourist attention
- Proposing and Solving tourist’s problems
- Team work and maintain harmonious relationship with the staff of the camping

January/February 2009 Internship as Tour Guide
Tourism Office of Saint-Emilion (Wine region) (France)

Last edited:

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
If you post the text up here, people may look at it. However, most people will not download files because of security risks.

utopia85

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
French
Home Country
France
Current Location
France
If you post the text up here, people may look at it. However, most people will not download files because of security risks.

Sorry, i posted the text up.

SarahReed

Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Short it a bit and try and use bullet points in it. You don't need to tell them everything, just the things that are relevant. Let them be curious and ask other things in interview.

cnz123

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
American English
Home Country
Belgium
Current Location
Australia
If you are looking for help in creating a curriculum vitae go to: http://createbestresume.blogspot.com/ . You find a free sample, best graphic resumes, video resumes, free templates resumes, trends and more informations. Check it.

RetroFit_Maneuver

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hello,

First of all, you may want to begin your resume with a statement or a "profile" to give hiring managers an idea of who you are, what your skills are, and how you're hoping to use them.

(Resumes need to be targeted at the job you want to apply for. This means you may need more than one version of your resume. Your intro statement/"profile" should reflect the needs of the hiring manager, as written in their job description.)

Secondly, you don't appear to be a student or a recent graduate, so your Professional Experience section should come before your Education section.

Thirdly, get rid of your extra-curricular section.

Regarding your Professional Experience section:

Your bullet points should start off with action verbs, all of which should be in the past tense since you don't work at those establishments anymore. Also, many of your bullet points need to be more specific, and you should try to quantify (add numbers) to it as much as possible. You need your resume to be achievement oriented -- a resume should not just be a list of previous responsibilities.

For instance:

• Financial diagnosis of the organisation and suggestion of solutions

"Analyzed and diagnosed organization's financial situation and suggested solutions" would be better. Also, can you attach $ amounts to that? A quantified resume is much stronger than a general one.

• Creation of new work method in the Eco-tourism branch

"Created a new work method in the eco-tourism branch" would be better. I don't work in eco-tourism, so I don't know if this bullet point would make sense to someone who does work in the industry. It doesn't make sense to me, though. What kind of new work method? What was the point, to increase efficiency? If it was to increase efficiency, did you measure how much you increased efficiency by?

• Reorganisation of the differents branches
  • Setting up partnerships

"Reorganized the different branches" would be better. And again, to what end? For what purpose?

"Set up partnerships" would be better. But you should be more specific -- set up partnerships with who? What was the benefit?

You've got to tell the hiring manager these things so that they know what impact you had on an organization.

• Reservation monitoring (Hotello) and the distribution channels (Booking.com, Softbooker, Hostelworld)
  • Update the websites (web 2,0, Content Management System, Social Media)

"Monitored reservations (Hotello) and the distribution channels (Booking.com, Softbooker, Hostelworld)"

"Maintained and updated company websites (Web 2.0, Content Management Sytem (CMS), Social Media"

I put (CMS) in abbreviated form because some companies will use Applicant Tracking Systems to look at your resume, and additional keywords can help you get past the resume software that filters out irrelevant candidates.

Do you see how I've changed the phrasing of your bullet points? You should continue on and do the same through the rest of your resume. Find areas where you can be more specific.

Finally, put your computer skills at the end of your resume.

Best of luck finding your job. If you want to post your revised version here, I can look over it again later.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.