hainguyen:
Dear all,
Firstly, I would like to thank for the possibility of this forum. Itīs a great help for us, whose first language is not english.
I am applying for a PhD program, to which I need to send a cover letter of 1000 character (with space). Could you please proofread it for me and let me know how to improve it.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Many thanks in advance,

-------------------------------------------------------------

Dear selection committee,
As a recent graduate in MSc Biochemistry, I would like to apply to your PhD program to pursue higher education in life sciences.

My career goal is to become a researcher in molecular oncology. So the doctorate is an excellent opportunity to improve my performance in doing research, communication skills, independent planning and execution.

I choose cancer as my active field for several reasons. Firstly, these disorders currently represent one major public health issue. While many progresses in research have been achieved, there is still a long way to go for the anti-cancer league. In addition, my previous projects have given me a strong interest in molecular biology, especially the interactions between nucleic acids and proteins. A better comprehension of these processes during gene expression in cancer cells will bring new hope of reasonable interventions to combat these diseases. Therefore, working in your institute, the leading institute in Genomics and Cancer research is definitely a crucial step in achieving my career goal.