[Essay] Successful sports professionals can earn a great deal more money than people in other

Status
Not open for further replies.

justinjustinlee

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Singapore
I am taking IELTS academic, please help me to correct my mistake, THANK YOU for your patience.

Successful sports professionals can earn a great deal more money than people in other important professions. Some people think this is fully justified while others think it is unfair.

Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.
Discussion of sport’s reward is popular now. There are people who believe that an athlete is reasonable to obtain a greater reward than other occupations. It is my personal contention to agree with it. However, I do appreciate that there is some people will disagree with it. This essay will address it and to draw a firm conclusion.
First of all, some people object it with several reasons. Those sportsmen are usually talented and have inherited good physical condition. When they compete with others that are not talented, they usually won it easily. This resulted in those not talented people will find for other jobs. In addition, if those sportsmen won a game, maybe the prize is equal to a normal worker’s annual income. For example, Malaysia government conferred one million money reward which equal to an ordinary worker 10 year salary or more to their national badminton player, Lee Chong Wei if he has won the Olympic game.
However, these athletes only inherited good physical condition. They have to train their skills by themselves. It is essential to devote time, academic achievement, family’s relationship to training. In order to succeed, consistency and perseverance are necessary. Additionally, it is also a big risk. For instance, once they are injured, the country may not support their vastly medical payment and this brings many negative impacts. If they cannot recover their previous statues, they may be eliminated by the younger generation started to give up. This problem is exacerbated if they involved in drug. This leads them to a debauched life and never has the impetus to continue their career so they will suffer in their entire life.
By and large, I still strongly agree that athletes should be given a greater reward because they need to scarify more things to reach the aim. In addition, success is everyone desires but not everyone can achieve because not only talented potentials are essential but many other capabilities.

Last edited by a moderator:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Welcome to the forum.

Will you submit this essay for your exam?

justinjustinlee

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Singapore
no, just pratice

Status
Not open for further replies.