Re: Teaching vocabulary to starters
Welcome to the forum.
Originally Posted by bahar aslani
How do you teach all the other vocabulary in your class? Are you specifically having trouble with the word "depend" or was that just an example?
Only speaking in the second language is quite common when teaching a foreign language. It stops both the teacher and the student from constantly falling back on their own language. Everyone needs to work harder.
Please look at my corrections to your post. It is very important to use correct written English on the forum so please follow the rules of written English:]
- Start every sentence with a capital letter.
- End every sentence with a single appropriate punctuation mark.
- Always capitalise the word "I".
- Always capitalise proper nouns (ie English, London, Prime Minister).
- Do not put a space after an opening quotation mark or before a closing quotation mark.
Remember - correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing make posts much easier to read.