Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Cambodian
Home Country
Cambodia
Current Location
United States
Hi - English is not my second language so I'm never going to write a perfect essay :-(. I want to write a letter to school district for my son to attend a different school outside our attendance area. I need to write a petition letter to change his school below is what i wrote. Can you please help correct before I submit to school district?
======================

Sub: Requesting to change school assigned attendance (Choice Placement)

To whom it may concern,

The purpose of this letter is to request my son, Alex, to enroll in Evergreen high school instead of our assigned home attendance area. Alex's dream is to become a pharmacist in health care profession. Evergreen is the only high school in Evergreen School District that offers sport medicine and biotechnology classes. These classes will give him the college preparatory laboratory life science and gain exposure to basic health care. Earning a GPA 4.0 from Lindbergh middle school with strong academic in Mathematics and Science, we want to give Alex every opportunity in life to succeed and reach his full potential. We are confident that by attending Evergreen high school, he will become better prepared to face life's challenges and to achieve his dreams.

Please kindly consider our son to enroll in Evergreen. Thank you very much for your kind attention and we look forward to hearing from you. My daytime telephone number is (**).

Sincerely,

(**) My Name

billmcd

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hi - English is not my second language so I'm never going to write a perfect essay :-(. I want to write a letter to school district for my son to attend a different school outside our attendance area. I need to write a petition letter to change his school below is what i wrote. Can you please help correct before I submit to school district?
======================

Sub: Request to Change School Assignment [STRIKE] Requesting to change school assigned attendance [/STRIKE] (Choice Placement)

To Whom It May Concern,

The purpose of this letter is to request that my son, Alex, be permitted to enroll in Evergreen High School instead of the school in our assigned home attendance area. Alex's dream is to become a pharmacist in the health care profession. Evergreen is the only high school in the Evergreen School District that offers sport medicine and biotechnology Eclasses. These classes will give him the college preparatory, laboratory life science and allow him to gain exposure to basic health care studies.[STRIKE]eaning [/STRIKE] Having earned a GPA 4.0 from Lindbergh Middle School with [STRIKE] strong academic [/STRIKE] excellent grades in Mathematics and Science, we want to give Alex every opportunity in life to succeed and reach his full potential. We are confident that by attending Evergreen High School, he will become better prepared to face life's challenges and to achieve his dreams.

Please kindly consider our son's [STRIKE] to enrol [/STRIKE] enrollment in Evergreen. Thank you very much for your kind attention and we look forward to hearing from you. My daytime telephone number is (**).

Sincerely,

(**) My Name

Suggestions. Do you mean that English is not your first/primary language?

Sonalida

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Cambodian
Home Country
Cambodia
Current Location
United States
Thank you very much for editing my letter. I deeply appreciated. :-D

Yes. That's what I meant, it's a second language for me. So English/writing has been the most difficult subject for me. :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.