Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Morocco
Current Location
Morocco
I'm asked to put the verbs between brackets in the correct tense form, so this was my answer.

Many children start (go) going for dental check-ups at an early age, but Kelly (be) was fourteen years old when she (go) went for the first time. It (be/not) was not a happyexperience. Until then Kelly (be) was lucky. She (always/have) had good teeth and (never/suffer) never suffered from toothache. But for two or three months Kelly (get) got, on and off, in one of her teeth. So her mother (decide) decided that a trip to the dentist (be) was necessary.

Is that correct?
Thank you.

Chicken Sandwich

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Netherlands
Is this homework?

MikeNewYork

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I'm asked to put the verbs between brackets in the correct tense form, so this was my answer.

Many children start (go) going for dental check-ups at an early age, but Kelly (be) was fourteen years old when she (go) went for the first time. It (be/not) was not a happy experience. Until then Kelly (be) was lucky. She (always/have) always had good teeth and (never/suffer) never suffered from toothache. But for two or three months Kelly (get) got pain?, on and off, in one of her teeth. So her mother (decide) decided that a trip to the dentist (be) was necessary.

Is that correct?
Thank you.

I agree with your choices if the missing words and space are added.

konungursvia

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
I prefer "She had always had good teeth and had never suffered from toothache."

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
Hi! I think this might help your studies if you ever come across some trouble and need a refresher. It's best to review as much as you can before any exam.
English Verb Tenses. Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.