• Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Korean
      • Home Country:
      • South Korea
      • Current Location:
      • South Korea

• Post Thanks / Like

[TOEFL Independent writing] rate and amend plese.

Now I'm back again for studying TOEFL writing test.

I realized that my writing skills suck...

It is actually cannot be done through only reading!
    I could read in TOEFL reading section and I won a score about 25,

however it is totally different to write essays.
    I need amendments. I need help.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Ind 1 : Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Parents are the best teachers. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Nowadays, homeschooling is common for families who have special thinking toward education. For them, the education is done by parents not by teachers. Also rather than education, children studying in school could learn the important experiences by their parents. I actually agree with the statement that parents are the best teachers in condition that only when children is studing in school to give them their social skills. Firstly, teachers are only for the short term education, so they used to teach spontaneously or never care about childrens' lives. Secondly, parents are living creature that is just look like them about their nature, character, or looks.

Firstly, teachers usually don't care about the kids' life in the condition of whole life. Teachers teach kids at most less than 2 years in most cases. The examples are school teachers, kindergarten teachers, or even professor in the university. Not only the time they teach but also the contents they teach is only about partial contents of life. Only somebody who have the true vision of life could teach him the real kind of life lecture, the parents.

Secondly, parents are living creature that already have lived their lives before children and they are look like so much each other! There are so many diverse people in the world. Thinking income, jobs, educational background, or etc, usually, the most similar life for somebody is the life of parents. Even, if they chose same life like parents, they could be get this one easily because they know how to be, what they have to do, or what the life like about their coming life.

In conclusion I agree with the statement that parents are the best teachers. That is because firstly, teachers usually don't care about the kids' life in the full-life vision. Secondly, parents are so similar that the kids are easy to learn things from parents other than different people. In the future, the parents-children relationship would last more than centuries, so the tendency of education by parents would last.
    Last edited by sr005307; 01-Sep-2013 at 18:01. Reason: error in paragraph