[Essay] Would you mind reading my essay, please? (it is really short!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

camdem

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
Just look at the grammar/vocabulary not at the argumentation, please!

When a country becomes richer, the natural environment will suffer. It is not possible for a country to both develop its economy and protect the environment. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

Nowadays we live in a world in which the substantial portion of the developed countries seems to care only about its own economy. However this unscrupulous behavior implies several consequences which one day our society will have to cope with.

The major consequence of our rising economy which today is already possible to notice, is the impact that it has on the environment: seas and river are more and more polluted, forests become rare, animals and insects become extinct, and also humans develop more and more cancers and illness which years ago did not exist.

Nevertheless, looking at the richer portion of the world, it seems common to believe that our richness is endless and that every kind of problem can be fixed through money. Unfortunately it is not so.
However does society have to make a choice between economy or environment? I believe not.
What it is important to understand is that nowadays we have the technology and the means to take care of the environment, without sacrificing our economy.
Modern countries have enough power to save both economy and environment. Moreover, investing in clean energy, for example, can be a way to recover global economy, which today is affected from a heavy crisis.
In addition, it is important to develop a culture about the environmental care. Many countries already signed agreements to take care of our planet, such as the Kioto’s ones. However it is important to persist and to believe that saving the Earth from the pollution’s tackle is possible.
Respecting the environment is a duty for everybody: not only of the government, either of the single citizen.
In conclusion, I believe that to develop the economy does not necessary mean to threat the environment. On the contrary it is the easiest way to improve our technologies, which then can be applied to the environmental care. What we really need is a common action which would lead people of all over the world to do not mistreat our planet.

billmcd

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States

camdem

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
Homework?

No i'm just practicing! Because next week i'll have to take an exam in which I have to write an essay too! So i am just wondering if you can have a look at it, simply to understand if it's ok or not..in general..!
I' m writing more essays in this moment, but i don't have a teacher to whom turn them in! :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.