Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
Hi! I have write an email to an Australian University for the English language level. I wrote this but I don't know if I should correct some things. I'd really appreciate any help with this because I need that the email will be perfect! This is the e-mail:

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am _______, an Italian student at the _________, and I will take part at the exchange programme Erasmus in the next semester. For this reason I would like to have some details about the English language proficiency level before I am admitted into QUT.

I just have done the TOEFL
(iBT-Internet-based) test and I have reached a score of 87 (22 in the Reading section, 22 in the Listening section, 23 in the Speaking section and 20 in the Writing one). I have read that your English language proficiency requirements about the TOEFL is 90 with a no sub-score below 20 in each section, since I have fulfilled the conditions to take at least 20 in all bands and my score is so close to your requirement I would like to know if you will accept my test successfully for my application form, or I have to retake the test for these three points.

I will extremely appreciate if you can approve my score thus I don't have to take again the TOEFL test, also because it is quite expensive.
Moreover I promise that I will continue to study the English language and improve my skills, plus I am planning to go to London for keep getting better my abilities in communication.

Thank you in advance for your attention to my request. I look forward to receiving your response.

Yours faithfully,
my name and lastname

probus

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
I would not bother to send that email. Your have met one requirement but not the other. Their policy has been set by a powerful group of academics and administrators in their university, and the person who reads your email will not have the power to grant you an exception.

If you really want to plead for an exception you will need a strong ally. Do you perhaps have a professor who would send them a letter on your behalf?

effy3

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
I would not bother to send that email. Your have met one requirement but not the other. Their policy has been set by a powerful group of academics and administrators in their university, and the person who reads your email will not have the power to grant you an exception.

If you really want to plead for an exception you will need a strong ally. Do you perhaps have a professor who would send them a letter on your behalf?

Thanks, I think I will contact the Administrative Office of my University for this request. Anyway the email that I wrote was correct? (for my personal interest of my skills!)

Status
Not open for further replies.