Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
New Zealand
To who may concern,

re:Jury Service on 30th September 2013

I am writing this letter to request to be excused from jury duty of 30th September 2013 because i am out of New Zealand on 29th August 2013. I stay in oversea for one year while seeking a better career opportunity there.I have attached a copy of my e-ticket and my boarding pass to prove my departure date. However, i have not decided my return date.

I would be glad to serve on a jury at a future date. Upon my return, i would contact the ministry to put my name back in the lottery.

I trust that you understand my position and excuse me from jury duty. You may contact me at my email: xxx@xxx if there are any concern.

Sincerely,

xxx
do i put appropriate reason and is there any way to express my idea better?plz help

billmcd

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
To who may concern,

re:Jury Service on 30th September 2013

[STRIKE] I am writing this letter [/STRIKE]This is to request to be excused from jury duty of 30th September 2013 because I [STRIKE] am [/STRIKE] [STRIKE] out [/STRIKE][STRIKE] of [/STRIKE] left New Zealand [STRIKE] on [/STRIKE] [STRIKE] beginning [/STRIKE] 29th August 2013. I will stay [STRIKE] in [/STRIKE] overseas for one year while seeking a better career opportunity. [STRIKE] there [/STRIKE] I have attached a copy of my e-ticket and my boarding pass to prove my departure date. However, i have not decided my specific return date.

I would be glad to serve on a jury at a future date. Upon my return, [STRIKE] i would [/STRIKE] will contact the ministry to put my name back in the lottery.

I trust that you understand my position and excuse me from jury duty. You may contact me at my email: xxx@xxx if there are any concerns.

Sincerely,

xxx
Did I [STRIKE] put [/STRIKE] provide an appropriate reason and is there any way to express my idea better?plz help

b.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
We don't know if you have provided an appropriate reason. Each country has its own rules on jury service. In the UK, you are allowed to turn down jury service twice (as long as you give an acceptable reason) but the third time you are invited, you must attend. New Zealand will have its own rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.