Interested in Language
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Hi,
We Muslims had a prophet called Muhammad. There is prayer (a short saying or a short sentence) that we Muslims do to make God and the soul of prophet Muhammad happy. But I don't know how the sentence is said in English.
This is the translated sentence from Arabic to English: [May God send his greetings to Mohammad & his household!]
I want to say that Muslims did it yesterday night but I don't know how to say it.

Look at my self made examples:

1. Yesterday night, the Muslims sent a prayer to prophet Muhammad in the mosque.
2. Yesterday night, the Muslims saluted the prophet Muhammad and his kin in the mosque.
3. Yesterday night, the Muslims made a peace upon prophet Muhammad in the mosque.

Would you please be nice enough to help me to say the bold written sentence correctly?

Self made general question
Thank you

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
Hi,
We Muslims had a prophet called Muhammad. There is prayer (a short saying or a short sentence) that we Muslims do to make God and the soul of prophet Muhammad happy. But I don't know how the sentence is said in English.
This is the translated sentence from Arabic to English: [May God send his greetings to Mohammad & his household!]
I want to say that Muslims did it yesterday night but I don't know how to say it.

Look at my self made examples:

1. Yesterday night, the Muslims sent a prayer to prophet Muhammad in the mosque.
2. Yesterday night, the Muslims saluted the prophet Muhammad and his kin in the mosque.
3. Yesterday night, the Muslims made a peace upon prophet Muhammad in the mosque.

Would you please be nice enough to help me to say the bold written sentence correctly?

Self made general question
Thank you

"Last night Muslims went to the mosque to pray for the prophet Muhammad and his kin."

sb70012

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
"Last night Muslims went to the mosque to pray for the prophet Muhammad and his kin."
Thank you.
Is "yesterday night" incorrect?
Isn't "yesterday night" used in English?

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Is "yesterday night" incorrect? Yes.

Isn't "yesterday night" used in English? It's non-standard. We say 'last night' or 'yesterday evening'.

`

Status
Not open for further replies.