Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
What do you call this ftuit? It's a kind of melon in our place.

Mehrgan

Key Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
***NOT A TEACHER***

Kharboze Mashhadi! ;)

atabitaraf

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Thank you all, yes the scientific name is "cucumis melo" as it is written under my picture I linked above. But I want you native people to tell me if you go to a supermarket or I don't know a fruit shop and you want to buy such thing, what word would you use? Since it is not probably a common fruit there, so you may call it melon or a long melon in the market. :)

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Supermarkets, shops and market stalls have all their fruit on display – labelled and priced. Just put it in your basket or point to what you want.

If it's not on the shelves there's no point asking for it — they haven't got it.

Rover

atabitaraf

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Supermarkets, shops and market stalls have all their fruit on display – labelled and priced. Just put it in your basket or point to what you want.

If it's not on the shelves there's no point asking for it — they haven't got it.

Rover

Thank you master! Such a great offer! What a big chance I missed before considering such an effort to learn the language. Your way should have been pretty much easier. No matter what the way is, the result is the melon! ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.