Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
Hi everybody. Let's imagine what you have to go to an interview and that you'd been told to bring a copy of your resume...when you get there and are in front of the interviewer, to let him know that you have the copy with you, what could you say: I have brought the cv over/ around/ in. Maybe the only verb "to bring" is enough, but if you wanted to use a phrasal verb, which preposition would associate with "bring" in this context and why? Thanks

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hi everybody. Let's imagine that you have to go to an interview and that [strike]you'd[/strike] you have been told to bring a copy of your resumé. When you get there and are in front of the interviewer, to let him know that you have the copy with you, what would you say? "I have brought the CV over/around/ in"? Maybe the [strike]only[/strike] verb "to bring" is enough, but if you wanted to use a phrasal verb, which preposition would you associate with "bring" in this context and why? Thanks.

Why would you need a phrasal verb when "I have brought my CV as requested" is perfectly sufficient?

caesar1983

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
Why would you need a phrasal verb when "I have brought my CV as requested" is perfectly sufficient?

well, since I've studied these three phrasal verbs but I cannot decide which one to use in this kind of situation, for this reason I'm asking it to a native, to know which one he would use. ;-)

caesar1983

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
well, since I've studied these three phrasal verbs but I cannot decide which one to use in this kind of situation, for this reason I'm asking it to a native, to know which one he would use. ;-)

any suggestion?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Being more patient would be a very good idea. Not only is there no need to chase answers after such a short period of time, but you also need to be aware that it is Sunday and in much of the world, that is a day for us to rest!

MikeNewYork

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
any suggestion?

First of all, I wouldn't call any of them phrasal verbs. It all depends on the meaning. I would only call a phrase that contains a verb a "phrasal verb" if it were an idiom. That said, using only the verb "bring" would be best in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.