Please can someone help me with the following questions
1. Which is the odd one out in each group and why?
- The baby's bottle.
- The nation's struggle.
- the teacher's absent.
- the nurse's pay.
- the government's defeat.
- The plane was hi-jacked by a woman.
- The tourist were attacked by a gang.
- The soldier was hit by a bullet.
- The trains collided by a river.
- Three hundred people were killed by the earthquake
- She must have lost the address.
- Alan must have been here too.
- That must have been awful.
- The thieves must have got in through the window.
- I must have something to drink.
2 Identify any incorrect sentences in the list, EXPLAIN THE ERROR and supply the corrected version:
a. What did you say was your name?
b. I've been to China last year?
c. He doesn't work as hard as she does.
d. I would of liked to have seen that.
e. I regret to have damaged your book.
f. How long do you know Nathan?
The problem i have is explaining in teacher terms the meaning of the types of verbs, active, passive, tenses. ect
- For Teachers