[Essay] This is part of my essay,hope you can correct the grammar for the whole sentence

Status
Not open for further replies.

informative

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Malay
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Karen was taking part in the Paralympic race.Before the race, he told himself that he would win the race.The competition was really tough as all the participants tried their best to win the competition.As he started his race, a crowd of spectators cheered loudly to him.

*FYI,I'm not good in writing,i hope that you guys will correct my grammar and vocabulary
*I'm a bit confusing about the underlined words, is the word is correct?
*is the rest of my words is correct? please improve and correct my sentence, i need your help, ASAP..... Thanks...:)

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Welcome to the forum, informative.

We like to help when we can, but we don't help with homework assignments. Your teacher wants to know what you can do, not what we can do.
I'm a bit confusing about the underlined words, is the word is correct?
*is the rest of my words is correct?
Is your native language really American English?

informative

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Malay
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
i'm sorry for disturbing you, i'm really use the American English. But,please i don't want your answers i just want to recheck my grammar and vocabulary, and i hope you can be my English tutor.... thanks a lot...

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
i'm sorry for disturbing you, i'm really use the American English. But,please i don't want your answers i just want to recheck my grammar and vocabulary, and i hope you can be my English tutor.... thanks a lot...

I'm really not sure you understand what "native language" means. If your native language is American English then it is the language you learnt first and the one that you use every single day with all your friends and family. It is the language you use to think, the language you dream in. It is the most natural language for you. Generally, a person whose native language is American English was born in America and spent their formative years there, even if they moved abroad later in life. The contents of your post do not sound like they were written by someone born and raised speaking English of any variant. Native English speakers do not say/write things like "I'm really use the American English". Even if you weren't particularly clear on grammar, if your native language were English, you would know that it should read "I really do speak American English". You would also not need to ask us to be your English tutor. It sounds to me as if English is a foreign/second language for you.

informative

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Malay
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
I'm sorry for making a lot of questions, thanks for your time...

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Thank you for correcting the native language section of your profile. When must you submit your essay to your teacher/tutor?

Status
Not open for further replies.