Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I agree with "taking into account" but you seem to resist it.
How about "in the context of CSR"?

(I think Lou Sagar might be a better thinker than writer. There shouldn't be a comma before the verb "is" and we are usually "aware of" issues not "aware to" issues. Profits must be opimized within the greater context of corporate responsibility.)

White Hat

Banned
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
I appreciate your input. I've already submitted the article. It's going to take some time before I can see the final version (after the article has been edited by a native speaker who knows the field). I had to go with "inclusive of", since it seems the most suitable expression for that context. My decision was based on what I'd seen online - on websites run by native speakers of English.
I also checked a couple of dictionaries online and one of them had this (as an idiom):

inclusive of
including; also taking into account

White Hat

Banned
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
These are all the variants of this thing (offered to native speakers of Russian):
с учётом
1) General subject: In respect, consistent with, factored in, given, in light of, in view of, inclusive of, taking into account, with a glance to, with account of, with due account for, with due consideration of, with reference to, with respect to, (noun) + included (e.g.: с учетом страховки = insurance included), due to, factoring in, with consideration for, adjusted for ((adjusted for inflation - с учетом инфляции)), allowing for (allowing for delays - с учетом задержек), including, with account taken of

2) Engineering: with allowance for (напр. нагрузки)
3) Mathematics: in view of D the axiom may be written as (...), taking account of, with provision for, with regard (for, to)
4) Economy: cum
5) Oil: Controlled for (controlled for FEL - с учётом предварительной проработки проекта)
6) Business: with an allowance for, in consideration of, in compliance with, in terms of
7) Sakhalin energy glossary: after making allowances for, based on, based upon, considering, giving due consideration to, in the context of, on the basis of, on the strength of, relying on, with smth. taken into account
8) Cliche: in furtherance of
9) Makarov: subject to (e. g., equation (a)) (a; напр. уравнения), together with (чего либо), with a glance, with regard to
10) SAP.tech. by taking into account
11) Idiomatic expression: in mind

White Hat

Banned
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
To be honest with you, I kinda like

"taking account of"

This is it! Thank you for continuing this discussion!

White Hat

Banned
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
"adjusted for" appeals to me too

White Hat

Banned
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
"Allowing for" seems to me to be saying that space should be made for the CSR, rather than ensuring that the aspects of the CSR are adhered to. It almost smacks of "despite" to me.

Yes, "space should be made for" it - you got it! If "allowing for" sounds natural to your native ears, I'll start using it.

White Hat

Banned
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
All I can say, personally, is that 'taking into account' seems to fit best. 'Allowing for' is a possibility, though it doesn't have quite the right ring to it. I cannot say that your 'inclusive of', 'with allowance for', and 'considering' are incorrect, but they don't seem very natural to me.

I don't know why this lovely forum doesn't let us explicitly thank someone, but be sure that I've done that (in my heart!) with regard to you, 5jj.

Status
Not open for further replies.