• Hindi
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India
    Post Thanks / Like

Default want your advice.

Dear teachers,

I want to improve my English very quickly. For that, what would you recommend me to do? I believe if I can learn English in an English country, I can improve it soon. Now I am not bad at English but I am not fluent yet. I am going to participate in an international conference related UN in the end of the next year. I hope to study English somewhere in USA in this year. Do you think if I can succeed? Some of my friends have said to me that it would be better to study in USA. Can you please tell me what kind of benefit I can gain? Why people choose America to learn English? Please give me some advice according to your experience.

Note that I know my question may not be related to this forum but I also think my question cannot be that much useless. I believe other students eager to learn English too like me. This question may be useful for them.

Raymott is offline VIP Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: want your advice.

Quote Originally Posted by kite View Post
    Dear teachers,

I want to improve my English very quickly. For that, what would you recommend me to do? I believe if I can learn English in an English country, I can improve it soon. Now I am not bad at English but I am not fluent yet. I am going to participate in an international conference related UN in the end of the next year. I hope to study English somewhere in USA in this year. Do you think if I can succeed? Some of my friends have said to me that it would be better to study in USA. Can you please tell me what kind of benefit I can gain? Why people choose America to learn English? Please give me some advice according to your experience.

Note that I know my question may not be related to this forum but I also think my question cannot be that much useless. I believe other students eager to learn English too like me. This question may be useful for them.
    Not everyone chooses America to learn English. I suppose it's more popular because it's more populous, but I know you can get a good result from US, UK, Australia, Canada, NZ, and probably other places where standard English is the dominant or only common language.
    You should also keep other things in mind. Have you considered a school, where to stay, what climate and lifestyle you like, the relative value for money in each of the countries?
    I can't answer about whether you can achieve a quick education in English. If you're an outgoing person who is willing to speak English to strangers, you should do well anywhere I mentioned.

kite is offline Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Hindi
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes I have already chosen an school. Of-course I am outgoing . Even nowadays I talk with many alien people in English as practice. But it doesn't work that much. Advice like you gave is really more important to me and I really appreciate that. Thank you so much. I just wanted to consult any of you about learning in a country where English is the main language.

Another thing is I love American accent. So that USA would be the best place, right?
    Last edited by kite; 09-Oct-2013 at 14:50. Reason: added the last sentence

Raymott is offline VIP Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kite View Post
    Another thing is I love American accent. So that USA would be the best place, right?
    From what you've told us, yes the US would be the best place.