English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Hungary
Hi out there,

just a quick question that I cannot find the answer for anywhere so maybe some of you can help me.

I have been teaching since 1998 and hold a CELTA and was awarded a VAE degree which the authorities in France do not recognise. Is it possible to correlate my experience into a Ba Ed or similar? My teaching time can be proven as well as published writing, course development et al...anyone know of anything? I am a UK citizen living in central Europe. Thanks.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hi out there,

just a quick question that I cannot find the answer for anywhere so maybe some of you can help me.

I have been teaching since 1998 and hold a CELTA and was awarded a VAE degree which the authorities in France do not recognise. Is it possible to correlate my experience into a Ba Ed or similar? My teaching time can be proven as well as published writing, course development et al...anyone know of anything? I am a UK citizen living in central Europe. Thanks.

I'm not sure why it's relevant that your VAE degree (whatever that is) is not recognised in France when you are a Brit living in Hungary. Are you trying to move to France?

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
According to this site, a VAE degree must be recognised.

gandida

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Hungary
That's lovely 5jj but tell it to the French authorities. I am aware of this but apparently there is a lot of confusion reigning currently in France regarding the legality of this VAE degree. The relavant peeps won't 'authenticate' mine for example which is leading to the local embassy here to scratch their heads in awe at the kafkaesque situ I find myself in.

Status
Not open for further replies.