Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
Hi, I really need your help to edit my formal e-mail to a university. Thanks a lot!
This is the e-mail:
Dear Sir or Madam,
I am writing this letter to inquire more information about the East Asian Art History program in ……..University. I am currently a high school student in Vietnam. My great passion is studying Asian Art, especially East Asian Literature. Therefore, I am so interested in your East Asian Art History program that I am anxious to apply for it in your famous university for admission in 2015.
First, I would appreciate it if you could indicate the academic entry requirements and qualifications needed to be accepted into your university.
Second, I would like to request more details about English language requirements for applicants from non-English speaking country and the international student’s tuition fees.
Thank you in advance for your attention to my inquiry. I look forward to your response.
Yours sincerely,

probus

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
In my opinion such an email will not elicit a response in this day and age. The university's website will give you all the information that is generally available to prospective undergraduates.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
If you really can't find the information on the university website, then you should mention that in your email so that they know you have made the effort first.

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
If you really can't find the information on the university website, then you should mention that in your email so that they know you have made the effort first.
On the other hand, it could work against her if they know she can't navigate a website despite trying.

Status
Not open for further replies.