Article usage in " We cordially invites all tot he inaugration of the Frontiers in m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

srinimbt

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Article usage in " We cordially invites all tot he inaugration of the Frontiers in m.

I am little bit confused about use of the articles in a text; am giving some text and need clarification, whether articles are used appropriately if not explanation required.

Classic CF is characterized by the cluster of phenotypes like abnormal mucous secretions resulting in chronic pulmonary disease, failure to thrive, pancreatic insufficiency, elevated sweat electrolytes, late-stage diabetes and cardiac failure, besides male infertility due to congenital bilateral absence of the vas deferens (CBAVD). Although the underlying genotypes have been identified in many patients with CF-associated phenotypes, the mutation spectrum in Indians has not been well-characterized.
The estimated gene frequency of cystic fibrosis among Caucasians is approximately 1 in 2,500 however, in other ethnic groups such as the black population it is 1 in 17,000 and in the native American population with an approximate incidence of 1 in 80,000. The estimated incidence of CF in Asians migrated to the UK is about 1:10,000 to 1:12,000.

Second para
We cordially invites all to the inauguration in the Frontiers in medical genetics and hands on workshop on DNA Diagnostics 2013.

Is it required to write "the" in front of frontiers in medical..... ?

kindly do check and comment on the article usage.

Last edited:

probus

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
Re: Article usage in " We cordially invites all tot he inaugration of the Frontiers i

All of your articles are perfect but one. A is better than the in the first sentence. "Classic CF is characterized by a cluster of phenotypes like abnormal ..."

In this context CF means cystic fibrosis.

Last edited:

mglad

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
India
Current Location
United States
Re: Article usage in " We cordially invites all tot he inaugration of the Frontiers i

> Is it required to write "the" in front of frontiers in medical..... ?
Yes.
However, the sentence should read: "We cordially invite all to the inauguration
of the Frontiers in [...]".

probus

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada

> Is it required to write "the" in front of frontiers in medical..... ?
Yes.
However, the sentence should read: "We cordially invite all to the inauguration
of the Frontiers in [...]".

Good point. The OP got it right in the title but wrong in the text of his questions.

(By the way, my language above is not sexist. It is possible to tell from the OP's username that he is male, as is the case with me as well.)

Status
Not open for further replies.