Academic
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Netherlands
hello
i am a first year master student in Radboud ,i need to write 2 research proposals for 2 of my courses :Global English:focusing on Pragmatics and Second language Acquisition
all i need is to help me to find a specific topic for these 2 papers. then i will start writing them,they juust need to be 1-2pages long
coming up with an interesting topic is the most difficult part for me :(
i'll truly appreciate any help
i am interested in second language learnig,error detection ,music and language or any other topic that might be related to real life communication

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
hello
i am a first year master student in Radboud ,i need to write 2 research proposals for 2 of my courses :Global English:focusing on Pragmatics and Second language Acquisition
all i need is to help me to find a specific topic for these 2 papers. then i will start writing them,they juust need to be 1-2pages long
coming up with an interesting topic is the most difficult part for me :(
i'll truly appreciate any help
i am interested in second language learnig,error detection ,music and language or any other topic that might be related to real life communication
"Delayed acquisition and use of correct punctuation and capitalisation in ESL learners: What can be done?"

probus

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
If I could Like it twice, I would.

Last edited:

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan

These are far too broad- you need to narrow your focus, and target Global English.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hello.

I am a first year Masters student in Radboud (no comma here) and I need to write [strike]2[/strike] two research proposals for [strike]2[/strike] two of my courses: "Global English: Focusing on Pragmatics" and "Second ​Language Acquisition".

A
ll I need is for someone to help me to find a specific topic for these [strike]2[/strike] two papers. Then I will start writing them. They [strike]juust[/strike] just need to be [strike]1-2[/strike] one or two pages long.

Coming up with an interesting topic is the most difficult part for me. [strike]:([/strike] :-( (Use the Emoticon tab in the toolbar)

I'll truly appreciate any help.

I am interested in second language learning, (space required here) error detection, (spacing around punctuation)music and language or any other topic that might be related to real life communication.

Just in case the contents of post #2 did not make sense to you, please see my amendments to your post above in red. If you are a Masters student, you should know how to write English properly. It is very important to follow the rules of written English at all times:

- Start every sentence with a capital letter.- End every sentence with a single appropriate punctuation mark.
- Always capitalise the word "I".
- Do not put a space before a comma, full stop, question mark or exclamation mark.
- Always put a space after a comma, full stop, question mark or exclamation mark.

On this forum, don't try to make emoticons using the keyboard. A full range of emoticons are available by clicking on the :) button in the toolbar.

probus

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
On this forum, don't try to make emoticons using the keyboard. A full range of emoticons are available by clicking on the :) button in the toolbar.

No longer true since we acquired our android app, which lacks both emoticons and the Like function.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
No longer true since we acquired our android app, which lacks both emoticons and the Like function.

Ah, I didn't know that. I use the forum on my mobile but I have to do it on my browser because I have an iPhone and, for now, there is no iPhone app.

Status
Not open for further replies.