- For Teachers
Are sentences N1 and N4 possible?
1. "I need you to help me with writing this letter."
2. "I need you to help me write this letter."
3. Can you help me do this exercise?
4. Can you help me with doing this exercise?
I rarely disagree with Rover. Thre's no point - he's almost always right. But (there has to be a 'but'), I, personally, feel that #1 is acceptable.. Unfortunately, neither COCA nor BNC can produce enough citations to support my feeling. Come to my rescue, somebody!
Please do not edit your question after it has received a response. Such editing can make the response hard for others to understand.
1. I need you to help me with this letter.
4. Can you help me with this exercise?
Pope of the Dictionary.com Forum