Can you correct my writing and grammar problems in this text, please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bushwhacker

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Catalan
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
PRISONERS

Canadian Denis Villeneuve makes his debut at USA with Prisoners, after his good Canadian cinema and the recognised French and Canadian coproduction, Incendies. The helmer comes back to the family with realism to play with the most distressing uncertainty as an altering driving force for its members, and to deepen in Evil and despair. While two families celebrate Thanksgiving in a Pennsylvania town suburb, their two respective 9 years old girls disappear, which makes the father of one of them (Hugh Jackman), pressed in addition for his wife, who can not bear the situation, to act in a brutal way over the one he obsessively suspects is the kidnapper and therefore knows the little girls’ whereabouts. The other family (Terrence Howard and Viola Davis), despite their loss, disapprove Jackman’s methods but they don’t stop him. Overwhelmed Police Detective Loki (Jake Gyllenhaal), in charge of the case, is clueless and is pressed for his superiors as much as for the two families. The movie evolves accurately thanks to its actors generating an unbearable tension with clues that result in fake or tangentiality, while characters and audiences, overwhelmed because of the absence of proofs, hypothesize about possible links. It’s a thriller well built which knows how to delve into dull mystery as much as into pain, even that of the kidnappers; it’s able to surprise us and creates an oppressive atmosphere impregnated with religious symbols in which moral and ethical values are tottering and minutes become hours. On the other hand, the movie knows how to end. In the air, the question: can a desperate father’s atrocity be justified?

Last edited:

Bushwhacker

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Catalan
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
Please, can anyone help me?

Bushwhacker

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Catalan
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
Please, any possibility to get my review corrected?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
What is the purpose of your review? By that, I mean, what are you going to do with it?

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Please, any possibility to get my review corrected?
I'd say you have a better chance posting it under 'Editing and Writing', rather than 'Literature', which is not much read, and which I think is for discussing literature.

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
I have moved the thread.

Status