Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Dear teachers,

My major is TESL (Teaching English as a second language). Currently I am studying it for my graduation. After I complete I want to do my post graduation on that subject (TESL) in USA. I want to do it in USA because I love American accent. So I googled it whether I can do it in USA and there is that subject in USA universities but couldn't find any. What I could find is TESOL. I didn't get it. Does it mean the same as TESL? There is TESOL in USA but not TESL. So I want to know what does TESOL stand for? It sounds to me the same as TESL. But I am poor to sort it out my self. Please help me. Americans would be best to answer this question.:up:

Thank you.

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Can you see the little dots under TESL and TESOL? if you hover the pointer over them, the full forms will appear as if by magic.

kite

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Can you see the little dots under TESL and TESOL? if you hover the pointer over them, the full forms will appear as if by magic.

It's really kind of a magic.:-D I didn't see any dots but I did hover and got the meaning. They are pretty much similar. I didn't know that we could find definitions out that way. I did enjoyed it.:-D

Status
Not open for further replies.