I hope this time I did a correct transcript of the phrase linked inside this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Denisius

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Uzbekistan
Current Location
Uzbekistan
Hi everyone!
Well, here's the link to the phrase: https://soundcloud.com/researcher76/between
And my transcript is: "And really it's a trade of between what which of you do within your bounds and I gonna need to do some changes."
If anyone wants to know what this thread was posted for, the answer is, I'm not sure of my catching all the words in the phrase correctly.
So would you please tell me how good I've coped with that?

Denisius

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Uzbekistan
Current Location
Uzbekistan
Hmm, recently a certain English gentleman told me he's heard on the recording the following: "And really it's a trade off between which view you do it in, you're bound to gonna need to do some changes."
Now I'm lost in guesses about which of us is right, because the part of his transcript with the words "...you're bound to gonna need to do some changes" doesn't seem to be correct in terms of the grammar.

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Hmm, recently a certain English gentleman told me he's heard on the recording the following: "And really it's a trade off between which view you do it in, you're bound to gonna need to do some changes."

He's right/
Now I'm lost in guesses about which of us is right, because the part of his transcript with the words "...you're bound to gonna need to do some changes" doesn't seem to be correct in terms of the grammar.
It's not, but that's what the man said.

Last edited by a moderator:

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
As you know, we change our minds mid-sentence when we speak.
You're bound to... you're going to need to (said as "gonna need to) do some changes. Maybe he felt "bound to" wasn't conveying the meaning he was after.

Status
Not open for further replies.