Post Thanks / Like

Default Computer engineer application

Any help would be very useful about this letter, grammar, syntax, style...
    especially about french-english equivalence
    examples :
    "Monsieur le directeur" - "Mister the director" ???
    "DESS d'Informatique" - "Master on Advanced Computing" ???

And also where I should put the "the" word
    example:
    The establishment of reference for THE research - for research

and finally
    The reference establishment or the establishment OF reference

Everywhere everywhere !!!! Thanks in advance...Immediate answer !

Mr. the Director,

The Association of the Reunion for Aquaculture Development is the establishment of reference on the Reunion Island for the research on aquaculture development and the study and valorization of the continental aquatic systems. To answer its missions, it has two principal poles of activities in which 19 engineers, technicians and researchers exert. During my university course (concretized by a Master on Advanced Computing specialized in Engineering of Numerical Imagery), I acquired a good culture in general data processing. Impassioned by the world of research, I obtained my first true professional experience with the IRD (Institute of Research for the Development) of Nouméa in the French New Caledonia Island, within a team of hydrogeology and geography researchers and computer engineers. Within the motivating framework of the SAGE program (Computerized decision-making system for the durable management of water) in which my training course was registered, I developed a 3D GIS (3D Geographical Information System), accessible from the Internet. I chose to use the standards of the numerical imagery on the Web in order to popularize research and to develop the various data bases of the laboratory. Its finality was to place at the disposal of a vast public the data and techniques relating to durable management of water resource of «*the Loyauté islands*» by providing a forecasting interactive tool (or interactive tool to forecast the ?) of the impacts on the groundwater and of the potential pollution generated by the development projects (or projects of development ?).

Computer engineer for the IPGP (Earth Physique Institute of Paris) for almost three years and until december, 31st 2005, I have invested myself on enthralling projects. Assigned to the French Volcanologic Observatory of the Piton of the Furnace (Reunion Island), I was specifically charged to develop applications for research assistance and volcanos monitoring. In collaboration with the technical and research teams, I carried out the various stages of development of a real-time acquisition software with seismic-data processing, filing, and visualization. A data base records the images and results of taken measurements. It also includes a Web site which gives access to the scientific data and their simple and immediate representation necessary to the remote evaluation of eruption's risks. I then widened the use of this software at the other French volcanologic observatories with its delivery, its adaptation to their needs and the staff training during my missions in the French Guadeloupe and Martinique Islands.

The good relations I established with researchers of different disciplines and the varied projects which were entrusted to me have consolidated my desire to blossom myself by working for research, and my interest for your branch of industry and your missions has naturally oriented me towards you. Integrated in your services, I would wish to collaborate at the realization of your data-processing projects.

I remain at your disposal to agree on an interview in order to expose you more deeply my motivations and skills.

Sincerely yours

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Computer engineer application

Hi,
    Don't use such long sentences in your cover letter, like the following.
    "The good relations I established with researchers of different disciplines and the varied projects which were entrusted to me have consolidated my desire to blossom myself by working for research, and my interest for your branch of industry and your missions has naturally oriented me towards you. "
    Also, you have used a very flowery language. Write in simple lanuage and sound professional.
    A well-written cover letter can literally flood your calendar with more quality job interviews. Use "Amazing Cover Letter Creator". It is the most unique resume/cover letter/job search tool on the Internet today. It solves the frustrating problem job seekers have when trying to write an effective resume cover letter.
    Last edited by Tdol; 25-Mar-2006 at 08:18. Reason: Affiliate link deleted