Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Dear John,
I miss you a lot. I haven't seen you for two months. It's a long time and I want want to see you once again to talk to you about everything.
I have heard that you have had a bad accident and now you are in the hospital. I heard that yesterday and I decided to write you a letter. Now I'm so hopeful to see you again and I hope you have a speedy recovery and I wish you be healthy again.
Let me write short and I wish see you soon.
your friend,
E. Jahandideh

thanks dear teacher

englishhobby

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
Dear John,
I miss you a lot. I haven't seen you for two months. It's a long time and I want want to see you once again to talk to you about everything.
I have heard that you have had a bad accident and now you are in the hospital. I heard that yesterday and I decided to write you a letter. Now I'm so hopeful to see you again and I hope you have a speedy recovery. ('and I wish you be healthy again' - it's repetition and wrong grammar).
Let me write short (I am not sure about this phrase, let native speakers check it) and I hope ('wish' is very formal) to see you soon. (you could write 'I wish you a speedy recovery' not to repeat the word 'hope')
your friend,
E. Jahandideh

thanks dear teacher

This is my version.

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Dear John,
I have heard that you have had a bad accident and now you are in the hospital. I heard that yesterday and I decided to write you a letter. Now I'm so hopeful to see you again and I hope you have a speedy recovery and I wish you be healthy again.
Let me write short and I wish see you soon.
your friend,
E. Jahandideh
Thre are no serious problems for an informal letter.

In British English we say 'in hospital', not 'in the hospital'

I hope you have a speedy recovery (and are soon healthy again).

Your last sentence is unnatural. You might consider something along the lines of: This has been just a short note to wish you all the best. I hope to see you soon.

chard1968

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tagalog
Home Country
Philippines
Current Location
Philippines
I have heard that you have had a bad accident and now you are in the hospital.
Correct me if I am wrong, but I assume the accident was over. So should I place (I have heard that you had a bad accident and now you are in the hospital) omitting have?

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
No- the accident may have finished, but the injuries that resulted are still relevant, so the present perfect is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.