• Native Language:
      • Arabic
      • Home Country:
      • Great Britain
      • Current Location:
      • Great Britain
    Post Thanks / Like

can you check my letter please

I am entering English in may 2014 and i am hoping for a star could you kindly help me in correcting my letter
    it is about a recent visit to elderly relative i shuld include in my ltter the following points
    explain one problem that has occured
    say what you did about it
    describe your feelings about the visit

Dear sally,
    It's been ages since I last wrote you but I was busy studying and haven't had the time.Anyway I decided to drop you a line to tell you about my scariest holiday.
    It was the happiest moment of my life when dad decided to vist my grandpa in his remote quiet village as I hoped to relax and unwind after a hectic school term. In midnight I was at a loose end so I decided to listen to music when suddenly I heard my grendpa screaming,I rushed to his room to see him fainted.
    Can you imagine the panic!I was relly in a fix.I called the ambulance and made some of the first aid proceedurs. I was in a real shock as my grandpa's face is loosing its colour and his lips turned to blue. I called my dad and we went to the nearest hospital and immeadtly he entered the intensive care and until the moment he is still there.
    I was very annoyed from my parents as they left my grandpa living alone on that remote village and they didn't care about what is going to happen if he fainted alone and no one there to give him a helping hand .I was on edge beacause of that experience and i am terrified that he might pass away.
    Looking forward to recieving your letter.Give my regards to your family.
    Love from,
    Kamha

MikeNewYork is offline VIP Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: can you check my letter please

Quote Originally Posted by kamha View Post
    I am entering English in may 2014 and i am hoping for a star could you kindly help me in correcting my letter
    it is about a recent visit to elderly relative i shuld include in my ltter the following points

Dear sally,
    It's been ages since I last wrote you but I was busy studying and haven't had the time.Anyway I decided to drop you a line to tell you about my scariest holiday.
    It was the happiest moment of my life when dad decided to vist my grandpa in his remote quiet village as I hoped to relax and unwind after a hectic school term. In midnight I was at a loose end so I decided to listen to music when suddenly I heard my grendpa screaming,I rushed to his room to see him fainted.
    Can you imagine the panic!I was relly in a fix.I called the ambulance and made some of the first aid proceedurs. I was in a real shock as my grandpa's face is loosing its colour and his lips turned to blue. I called my dad and we went to the nearest hospital and immeadtly he entered the intensive care and until the moment he is still there.
    I was very annoyed from my parents as they left my grandpa living alone on that remote village and they didn't care about what is going to happen if he fainted alone and no one there to give him a helping hand .I was on edge beacause of that experience and i am terrified that he might pass away.
    Love from,
    Kamha
    Is this a homework assignment?

Gillnetter is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kamha View Post

Dear sally,
    Love from,
    Kamha
    If you will carefully rewrite this text I will look at it again. After a period (.) put a space everytime. I is always capitalized, I not i. Check your spelling there are a number of misspelled words.

Rover_KE is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Retired English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • England
    Post Thanks / Like

Kamha, what do you mean by 'I am entering English in May 2014 and I am hoping for a star'?

Are you asking us to give you an unfair advantage over your competitors? It would hardly be ethical for us to do that.