Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Bats are nocturnal. They hunt at night. Deer are crepuscular. They are active at dawn and dusk. Cheetahs are diurnal . They hunt during the day.

I searched for the meaning of "crepuscular". No result in Longman was found. However, in the other dictionaries it seems that it means : twilight.
My question is what's the relation among nocturnal, crepuscular and diurnal. I didn't find anywhere such a combination : crepuscular animals!

Amigos4

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Bats are nocturnal. They hunt at night. Deer are crepuscular. They are active at dawn and dusk. Cheetahs are diurnal . They hunt during the day.

I searched for the meaning of "crepuscular". No result in Longman was found. However, in the other dictionaries it seems that it means : twilight.
My question is what's the relation among nocturnal, crepuscular and diurnal. I didn't find anywhere such a combination : crepuscular animals!
Take a look at Crepuscular - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and List of nocturnal animals - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

MikeNewYork

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States

And here is a source for diurnal: Diurnality - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Status
Not open for further replies.