• Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Offer letter from potential employer

I have verbal job offer from a new employer. They said they were going to email me a formal offer letter. It has been 2 days and I have not received it. Should I wait and is my email below to pushy? Below is my email to the VP who I met with.

Mr XYZ,
    It was great meeting with you yesterday and again thank you for this opportunity. I am really looking forward to working with you and your team. I truly believe that we can build on your success at XYZ inc and take it to another level . At our meeting you said you would be sending me a formal offer letter. As of today I have not received it and I was wondering when I should expect it.

Sincerely,

XXX
    Last edited by greenguy1; 06-Dec-2013 at 22:21. Reason: spelling

emsr2d2 is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Offer letter from potential employer

Quote Originally Posted by greenguy1 View Post
    I have a verbal job offer from a new employer. They said they were going to email me a formal offer letter. It has been 2 days and I have not received it. Should I wait and is my email below too pushy? Below is my email to the VP who I met with.

Mr XYZ,
    It was great meeting with you and the day before yesterday (or say "on Wednesday) and again I would like to thank you again for this opportunity. I am really looking forward to worrying working with you and your team. I truly believe that we can build on your success at XYZ Inc and take it to another level. At our meeting you said you would be sending me a formal offer letter. As of today I have not received it and I was wondering when I should expect it.

I would be very grateful if you could let me know when I might receive the formal offer letter.

Sincerely,

XXX
    See my suggested corrections above. In my opinion, two days is too soon to chase up the offer letter. The VP probably has to advise several people, including the HR Department and it will be up to them to draw up the relevant paperwork, check that it is all correct and then send it to you. I would wait at least a week.
    Remember - correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing make posts much easier to read.