[Essay] About my summer (Please correct)

Status
Not open for further replies.

abdullah9000

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Saudi Arabia
Current Location
Ireland
About my summer

Last summer was great time for me . I and my wife went to Munich in Germany ,it was lovely city . we also visited a villages near Munich the trip was about ten days .
We had plans before traveled to Munich and booked a hotel has 4 star . I like Munich because has a lot thing , for example :
1- English garden 2- the best caffe 3- good transport 4- large area for shopping 5- different restaurant
We took many photo .but I miss the sun because we visited Munich in winter . the weather was very cold , heavy rain and snow . the trip was the best trip . after that we had to come back to home .

;-);-)

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Welcome to the forum.

My first piece of advice is about punctuation. We do not put a space before a full stop, comma, colon, semi-colon, question mark or exclamation mark. Click on the Edit Post button and remove the incorrect spaces, then click Save. When the punctuation is sorted out, we can look at the content. Thank you.

PeterValk

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Dutch
Home Country
Netherlands
Current Location
Russian Federation
"Last summer was a great time for me. My wife and I went to Munich in Germany. It's a lovely city. We also visited a few (or "a village" as the case may be) villages near Munich. The trip lasted for about ten days."

Correction part I

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
PeterValk, please make sure you read other user's comments before posting a response. I had asked the OP to correct his/her punctuation spacing before we would take a look at the content. Also remember that you must state "Not a Teacher" in your responses to other learners.

PeterValk

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Dutch
Home Country
Netherlands
Current Location
Russian Federation
Oops, I did it again!
I promise to take more notice of prior replies.
I just hadn't read your message in full.
Sorry about that!
Hope my signature works, only just looked into it.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Whilst including "not a teacher" in your signature line is quite helpful, remember that in the Preferences section of the forum, people can choose to "switch off" signatures. That means that they won't see the signature line on any other member's posts. That's why we ask you to start your responses with the words "Not a teacher" instead.

PeterValk

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Dutch
Home Country
Netherlands
Current Location
Russian Federation
If it please the court, your objection has been duly noted.
The defendant in this case would like to state for the record that he was merely trying to make life easier for himself by including this line in his signature. There was no criminal disregard for the rules. A simple case of selfish laziness, your honor, but certainly no more than that.
After hearing the plaintiff state his case he now realises that this was not enough, so henceforth he will add the line to every post.
The defense rests. (bring on the jury)

Status
Not open for further replies.