petr is offline Junior Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default essay - please help

I´d like to ask you for correction of this article and giving some feedback .
    many thanks in advance
    Peter

The tourist industry - for good or bad?
    This essay outlines basic influence and impact of tourism on social, economic and environmental progress in the Czech republic. It also considers advantages and disadvantages of tourist visits for our country.
    Firstly, it is said that tourist trade is fundamental part of export, which is very important for a Czech economy. It brings greater economic security and development of industry (such as building trade or food processing industry), traffic (construction of new roads, improvement of public transport) and of service (for example offer of accommodation, restaurants, pubs or travel agencies). Moreover, business investors or rich people can be attracted by our country and it can bring a lot of foreign investments and capital to developing regions.
    All of these things mean new job opportunities, decrease of unemployment and increase of a living standard. Another advantage for ordinary people is the contact with foreign cultures and languages. It seems very suitable for support of cultural understanding and tolerance which is necessary for stable international peace among nations. Furthermore, it is a way our charming country can become world-wide known and popular.
    Unfortunately, a huge number of tourists can create some difficulties such as higher level of pollution because of heavy traffic, greater waste or rubbish. On the other hand, it’s more environmentally-friendly than industry (especially heavy one). Another risk can be a possibility that our national and cultural identity can be lost very easily and quickly. But it is not a great problem for us because our country was under the pressure of other states such as Germany or Austria for more than 400 hundred years and our unique culture has managed to survive.
    At the end, I think that tourist industry is really necessary and considerable for the state in the centre of Europe even if there are some ecological risks. Therefore we shouldn’t worry to support tourism or to present and propagate our national beauties and monuments.

Tdol is offline Editor, UsingEnglish.com
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: essay - please help

for good or bad- I'd delete 'for'
    basic influence- the
    advantages and disadvantages- the
    tourist trade- the
    fundamental part- a
    export- exports (and shouldn't it be invisible exports?)
    a Czech economy- the (you seem to have a problem with articles. If I remember right, you don't have them in Czech- is that correct?)
    of service - services
    attracted by our country- to
    to developing regions- if you mean the country as a whole, then it should be 'a developing region', but if you mean different parts of the country, then it's fine
    decrease- a
    It seems very suitable for support of- It is good for
    tolerance which - tolerance, which
    world-wide known- known worldwide
    higher level of pollution - levels/a higher level
    or rubbish- and
    heavy one- ones
    under the pressure- occupation???
    considerable for the state- important for a state

petr is offline Junior Member
    Post Thanks / Like

You are right there aren´t any article in Czech. That´s why it´s a difficulty for me and I´ll have to practise it more.
    Thank very much you for your help.
    Peter

Tdol is offline Editor, UsingEnglish.com
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought so- I used to have quite a lot of Czech students when I was teaching in the UK.