Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Post Thanks / Like

    Wink A ??? of soil testers

    What is the collective noun for a group/gathering of soil testers? We are also called laboratory technicians. We have found a bevy of alcoholics, a follow of stalkers and a promise of barmen, but nothing for soil testers. Any help would be appreciated.

    If no such noun exists, we are willing to invent one and have it accepted as the international standard.

    'A mass of soil testers'?

  2. #2
    MrPedantic is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • England
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: A ??? of soil testers

    Hello chaps, welcome to UsingEnglish!

    It must surely be an "aggregate" of soil testers.


Similar Threads

  1. Is that right?
    By thachha in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-Aug-2005, 02:47
  2. grammar
    By jiang in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 15-Dec-2003, 12:42

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts