• Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • England
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Failed CELTA course, what now? I have an online120 hours TEFL certificate.....

I did a CELTA course and failed. It was too stressful for me, but I learned a lot on that course e.g. CCQ's, ICQ's, pairchecks and pairwork, procedures, confidence standing in front of the class but their method is just not my cup of tea. I'd love to teach one to one in my own home. I have an online 120 hour TEFL certificate but I have no teaching experience. What are the chances that I can get a job now without experience and a failed CELTA course but just 120 hour TEFL certificate under my belt. I'd love to write down what I learned in CELTA in my CV and apply it to my teaching without telling them I did the course.

What shall I do?

emsr2d2 is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Failed CELTA course, what now? I have an online120 hours TEFL certificate.....

Welcome to the forum.

If you want to teach one-to-one in your own home, it's not obligatory to have a qualification of any kind. Many students would prefer that you have one but, especially if you can concentrate on conversational English, you can do it using just your own knowledge.

I think it would be difficult for you to add what you learned to your CV without some mention of how you learnt it. In what way would you give that information anyway?
    Remember - correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing make posts much easier to read.