Failed CELTA course, what now? I have an online120 hours TEFL certificate.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

annisahasan

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
I did a CELTA course and failed. It was too stressful for me, but I learned a lot on that course e.g. CCQ's, ICQ's, pairchecks and pairwork, procedures, confidence standing in front of the class but their method is just not my cup of tea. I'd love to teach one to one in my own home. I have an online 120 hour TEFL certificate but I have no teaching experience. What are the chances that I can get a job now without experience and a failed CELTA course but just 120 hour TEFL certificate under my belt. I'd love to write down what I learned in CELTA in my CV and apply it to my teaching without telling them I did the course.

What shall I do?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Welcome to the forum.

If you want to teach one-to-one in your own home, it's not obligatory to have a qualification of any kind. Many students would prefer that you have one but, especially if you can concentrate on conversational English, you can do it using just your own knowledge.

I think it would be difficult for you to add what you learned to your CV without some mention of how you learnt it. In what way would you give that information anyway?

Roqaia

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Oman
Current Location
Oman
I did a CELTA course and failed. It was too stressful for me, but I learned a lot on that course e.g. CCQ's, ICQ's, pairchecks and pairwork, procedures, confidence standing in front of the class but their method is just not my cup of tea. I'd love to teach one to one in my own home. I have an online 120 hour TEFL certificate but I have no teaching experience. What are the chances that I can get a job now without experience and a failed CELTA course but just 120 hour TEFL certificate under my belt. I'd love to write down what I learned in CELTA in my CV and apply it to my teaching without telling them I did the course.

What shall I do?

Hey

I don't know anything to help!

However; I am here to ask for as many information and details about the CELTA course as intend to have it in the near future.
can you or any one PLEASE help

Thank you in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.