• Post Thanks / Like

The best way to learn English

Hi,

I`m learning English on my own and need advice on how to do it well.I usually read whatever i find on the internet,but i`m not sure what exactly would be good for me to read to make my English better.Does anyone know any sites where i can find lots of texts in English that cover different topics?

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: The best way to learn English

Njanja,

I suggest reading (lots) of books. Before I buy one, I always tend to take a sneak inside and read the first 5 to 10 pages myself and you will easily notice whether you can cope with the level of English

According to me, books are one of the best ways to learn a language. They especially strengthen your feeling towards the language.

I'm reading Murphy's Revenge by Colin Bateman I like it a lot, I'm a hug fan of crime stories.

Kind regards

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: The best way to learn English

Hi Johan,

Thanks for your suggestion! I haven`t read a lot of books in English probably because i find it difficult to concentrate and think in this language,but reading as many books as i can will make it easier for me to understand them.However,i love reading the works of Sheldon especially in the original,because they are interesting and easy to understand.I also love reading short stories on the net.Here`s one of my favourite sites:

www.short-stories.co.uk

Cheers