Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
Singapore
The company is trying to build a termination case against me and I wanted to leave our company to start a business, I've already talked with our HR dept and since i'm still young for retirement in a managerial position. All I can do is to renegotiate or request the standard Separation Benefits for Employees working more than 10 years.

I wanted to have an effective negotiation letter. They were not using the word severance in the company and we dont have a union or CBA. Can you help me with my letter below?.

Thanks.

[DATE]

[HR MANAGER]
[COMPANY NAME]
[ADDRESS]

Dear Mrs. [HR Manager]

As per our conversations last [date] I am agreeable to a separation plan from [company].

I understand that this is best for the company and I appreciate the support and opportunity to perform as part of the [company name] team. Since I have no immediate prospects for further employment, I would like to know the package I can have in terms of paid time and or health benefits before I filed my separation letter.

When we first meet last [date], and told me about the company wants about me. I revisited the files and my contracts and found out that some of the provisions of my compensation package before I was promoted as Manager (without new contracts signed) were denied more specifically the 60/40 ratio of salary and allowance, the minimum annual increase and the override commission adjustment when exceeded the minimum target.
(can I still claim this?)

I am already 47 years of age and I have worked with [company name] faithfully for more than 19 years (since its creation) and invested a lot of effort and energy by helping the business unit reached its yearly targets by hands-on designing and providing the necessary technical support for the team but when you told me that the management loss trust in me, I felt that my professional reputation that I build through the years with this company were lost.

Right now, I’m the breadwinner of the family with three children who are in 4th year and 2nd year college in [school name] and a Grade 7 in [school name]. My youngest daughter will also undergo a congenital knee surgery and her medical insurance won’t cover it. I also have a congenital heart problem which needed a maintenance medicine.

To ease the transition, I would like to request for a two (2) months of my basic compensation for every year of service to compensate the package that I did not received before which I can use while looking for another source of income.

To continue my Health Insurance policy with the company up to next year and to enroll my dependents for the last time, Im willing to pay for the premium.

To convert my unused leave credits to augment my financial resources while unemployed.

To end my service to [company name] by end of March after the school year of my children and to make sure I complete the pending task and proper turn-over of works.

Lastly, a gratuity for the termination and loyal service with the company will also be appreciated.

I look forward to hearing from you on this subject. Thank you for your help, and I wish you and the company the best of luck in the future.

Yours sincerely,

[EMPLOYEE’S NAME]
[position] Manager

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
To be honest, I think it would be a good idea for you to retain the services of a lawyer/solicitor/attorney (as appropriate) to help you with this. It sounds like a legal case.

Status
Not open for further replies.