• Native Language:
      • Persian
      • Home Country:
      • Iran
      • Current Location:
      • Iran
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Please edite my text

I am new here. I have not learned English academic or scholastic but am a self-educated person that have exercised in some forums. So I confess I am not an expert English and need some considerations and guides in this way. Also,I have many question and need an ongoing editing about my texts that I will ask. For starting, this is a comment I sent to a forum today and am curious to know what are my wrongs.

It happened for me a few years ago too. I had a 125cc Honda motorcycle. There is a vast dry salt lake near my city ( usually the most of it, is empty of water in the summer). It is very vast and flattened for driving and I loved to drive motorcycle in such smoothy ground. It was covered with 10cm salt and was very pleasant for a soft driving. Someday I went there and played for hours on the flat salts. Beside the lake was a natural channel for water passage. I decided to jump over the channel as moto Sport Riders!! But sorrily I fell into the channel instead of jumping over it The half of me and motorcycle sank into a deep and very sticky mud which was covered with a tiny layer of salt and I didn't notice that. I attempted very hard for a long time to release my legs from that sticky mud and eventually I could to get out from the mud as an iguana. Then I looked at the motor which the half of that was into the mud. Nobody was there or near to that place to help me to pull out the motor. So I began trolling the rear wheel low-low. Eventually after the half-hour I succeeded to take out my motorcycle from the mass of glue !!
    Last edited by emsr2d2; 20-Jan-2014 at 12:39. Reason: Removed strange emoticon which didn't work

emsr2d2 is online now Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Please edite my text

Quote Originally Posted by Mans View Post
    I am new here. I have not learned English academic​ally or scholastic at school but am a self-educated person that who have has exercised practised/done exercises in some forums. So I confess I am not an English expert English and need some considerations help and guides guidance. in this way. Also, I have many questions and need an ongoing editing about of my texts that which I will ask post here. For starting To start with, this is a comment I sent to a forum today and am curious to know what are my wrongs errors are.

It happened for me a few years ago too. This happened to me a few years ago.

I had a 125cc Honda motorcycle.

There is a vast (you say it is vast at the beginning of the next paragraph so it doesn't need to be said here) dry salt lake near my city (usually the most of it, is empty of water it is mostly empty in the summer).

It is very vast and flattened flat so it is perfect for driving. and

I loved to drive riding my motorcycle in on such smoothy smooth ground.

It was is covered with 10cm salt and was is very pleasant for a soft driving drive/ride.

Someday One day, I went there and played for hours on the flat salts.

Beside the lake was a natural water channel. for water passage.

I decided to jump over the channel as like moto Sport MotoSport riders! !

But sorrily Unfortunately I fell into the channel instead of jumping over it.

The half of me and motorcycle I sank up to my waist/to the top of my thighs into a deep and very sticky mud which was covered with a tiny thin layer of salt and which I didn't notice. that.

I attempted tried very hard for a long time to release my legs from that sticky mud and eventually I could to get out extricated myself from the mud as like an iguana.

Then I looked at the my motorcycle - which the half of that it was into in the mud.

Nobody was there or near to that place around to help me to pull out the my motorcycle.

So I began trolling the rear wheel low-low. I don't know what this means. "Trolling" is not the right verb here. Do you mean that you started to spin the back wheel very slowly.

Eventually after the half-hour half an hour I succeeded managed to take out rescue my motorcycle from the mass of glue!

Welcome to the forum.

Please see my suggested amendments, corrections and comments above in red.
    Remember - correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing make posts much easier to read.

Mans is offline Newbie
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Interested in Language
      • Native Language:
      • Persian
      • Home Country:
      • Iran
      • Current Location:
      • Iran
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Please edite my text

Quote Originally Posted by emsr2d2 View Post
    Welcome to the forum.

Please see my suggested amendments, corrections and comments above in red.
    Thank you very much. It was the best lesson to me. I realized my errors. Your editing was like a light in the darkness to me. Before you modify my text, I didn't know how many mistake was in my writing. I can simulate you as a mirror that I look at it and fix my defects.
    So I began trolling the rear wheel low-low. I don't know what this means. "Trolling" is not the right verb here. Do you mean that you started to spin the back wheel very slowly.
    yes I did mean... I appreciate you for correction