Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
I am new here. I have not learned English academic or scholastic but am a self-educated person that have exercised in some forums. So I confess I am not an expert English and need some considerations and guides in this way. Also,I have many question and need an ongoing editing about my texts that I will ask. For starting, this is a comment I sent to a forum today and am curious to know what are my wrongs.

It happened for me a few years ago too. I had a 125cc Honda motorcycle. There is a vast dry salt lake near my city ( usually the most of it, is empty of water in the summer). It is very vast and flattened for driving and I loved to drive motorcycle in such smoothy ground. It was covered with 10cm salt and was very pleasant for a soft driving. Someday I went there and played for hours on the flat salts. Beside the lake was a natural channel for water passage. I decided to jump over the channel as moto Sport Riders!! But sorrily I fell into the channel instead of jumping over it The half of me and motorcycle sank into a deep and very sticky mud which was covered with a tiny layer of salt and I didn't notice that. I attempted very hard for a long time to release my legs from that sticky mud and eventually I could to get out from the mud as an iguana. Then I looked at the motor which the half of that was into the mud. Nobody was there or near to that place to help me to pull out the motor. So I began trolling the rear wheel low-low. Eventually after the half-hour I succeeded to take out my motorcycle from the mass of glue !!

Last edited by a moderator:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I am new here. I have not learned English academic​ally or [STRIKE]scholastic[/STRIKE] at school but am a self-educated person [STRIKE]that[/STRIKE] who [STRIKE]have[/STRIKE] has [STRIKE]exercised[/STRIKE] practised/done exercises in some forums. So I confess I am not an English expert [STRIKE]English[/STRIKE] and need some [STRIKE]considerations[/STRIKE] help and [STRIKE]guides[/STRIKE] guidance. [STRIKE]in this way.[/STRIKE] Also, I have many questions and need [STRIKE]an[/STRIKE] ongoing editing [STRIKE]about[/STRIKE] of my texts [STRIKE]that[/STRIKE] which I will [STRIKE]ask[/STRIKE] post here. [STRIKE]For starting[/STRIKE] To start with, this is a comment I sent to a forum today and am curious to know what [STRIKE]are[/STRIKE] my [STRIKE]wrongs[/STRIKE] errors are.

[STRIKE]It happened for me a few years ago too.[/STRIKE] This happened to me a few years ago.

I had a 125cc Honda motorcycle.

There is a [STRIKE]vast[/STRIKE] (you say it is vast at the beginning of the next paragraph so it doesn't need to be said here) dry salt lake near my city (usually [STRIKE]the most of it, is empty of water[/STRIKE] it is mostly empty in the summer).

It is [STRIKE]very[/STRIKE] vast and [STRIKE]flattened[/STRIKE] flat so it is perfect for driving. [STRIKE]and[/STRIKE]

I loved [STRIKE]to drive[/STRIKE] riding my motorcycle [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] on such [STRIKE]smoothy[/STRIKE] smooth ground.

It [STRIKE]was[/STRIKE] is covered with 10cm salt and [STRIKE]was[/STRIKE] is very pleasant for a soft [STRIKE]driving[/STRIKE] drive/ride.

[STRIKE]Someday[/STRIKE] One day, I went there and played for hours on the flat salts.

Beside the lake was a natural water channel. [STRIKE]for water passage.[/STRIKE]

I decided to jump over the channel [STRIKE]as[/STRIKE] like [STRIKE]moto Sport[/STRIKE] MotoSport riders! [STRIKE] ! [/STRIKE]

[STRIKE]But sorrily[/STRIKE] Unfortunately I fell into the channel instead of jumping over it.

[STRIKE]The half of me and motorcycle[/STRIKE] I sank up to my waist/to the top of my thighs into a deep and very sticky mud which was covered with a [STRIKE]tiny[/STRIKE] thin layer of salt [STRIKE]and[/STRIKE] which I didn't notice. [STRIKE]that.[/STRIKE]

I [STRIKE]attempted[/STRIKE] tried very hard for a long time to release my legs from that sticky mud and eventually I [STRIKE]could to get out[/STRIKE] extricated myself from the mud [STRIKE]as[/STRIKE] like an iguana.

Then I looked at [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] my motorcycle - [STRIKE]which the[/STRIKE] half of [STRIKE]that[/STRIKE] it was [STRIKE][STRIKE]into[/STRIKE][/STRIKE] in the mud.

Nobody was [STRIKE]there or near to that place[/STRIKE] around to help me [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] pull out [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] my motorcycle.

So I began trolling the rear wheel low-low. I don't know what this means. "Trolling" is not the right verb here. Do you mean that you started to spin the back wheel very slowly.

Eventually after [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]half-hour[/STRIKE] half an hour I [STRIKE]succeeded[/STRIKE] managed to [STRIKE]take out[/STRIKE] rescue my motorcycle from the mass of glue!

Welcome to the forum.

Please see my suggested amendments, corrections and comments above in red.

Mans

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Welcome to the forum.

Please see my suggested amendments, corrections and comments above in red.

Thank you very much. It was the best lesson to me. I realized my errors. Your editing was like a light in the darkness to me. Before you modify my text, I didn't know how many mistake was in my writing. I can simulate you as a mirror that I look at it and fix my defects.
So I began trolling the rear wheel low-low. I don't know what this means. "Trolling" is not the right verb here. Do you mean that you started to spin the back wheel very slowly.

yes I did mean... I appreciate you for correction :)

Status
Not open for further replies.