[Essay] Can my IELTS essays be checked if I post them here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

umnperera

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
Sri Lanka
Current Location
Sri Lanka
Hi All,

I am sitting for IELTS on coming February 2014, hence i need some clarification to know about the ESSAYS that i post here, can them be actually checked by the forum people so that I know, where i am standing.

Regards,

Manoj Perera

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hi all,

I am sitting [strike]for[/strike] the IELTS [STRIKE]on[/STRIKE] in [STRIKE]coming[/STRIKE] February 2014, hence I need some clarification [STRIKE]to know [/STRIKE]about the [STRIKE]ESSAYS[/STRIKE] essays that I post here. Can [STRIKE]them[/STRIKE] they be [STRIKE]actually[/STRIKE] checked by [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] forum [STRIKE]people[/STRIKE] members so that I know (no comma here) where I [STRIKE]am standing[/STRIKE] stand/how I am doing.

Regards,

Manoj Perera

As you have now seen, sometimes people have time to check essays and sometimes they don't. I rarely check them because it can take up to 15 minutes to go through a whole essay and make corrections and comments. In that time, I can answer dozens of single questions in Ask A Teacher. In your particular case, I have no idea about IELTS bands because I never taught students in preparation for that exam.

Please see the corrections I made to your post above in red. Remember to capitalise the word "I" at all times.

Note that I have also corrected your thread title.

Status
Not open for further replies.