• Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Vietnamese
      • Home Country:
      • Vietnam
      • Current Location:
      • Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Please help review my essay: Solutions to deforestation.

Hello, I am new to the forum and I hope this is the place I am looking for. Currently I am preparing for my IELTS test on 15 February and I would be truly grateful if someone could comments on the essays that I've written. I would appreciate any sort of help, whether it is grammatical correction or comments on how to make my arguments stronger, or/and if possible, provide me with the ielts score band.

Below is an essay that I just wrote.

Thank you very much.

-------------------------

Deforestation caused by human activity is happenining in many parts of the world, with serious results for the envioronment. What do you think can be done to solve this problem? (Support your opnion with reasons and examples from your own knowledge and experience.

The growth of the human population and its demand for wood have caused severe damage to the forests around the world. This negatively impacts the environment which led to the extinction of many species and diminish of natural resources that human beings depend upon. It is urgent to stop deforestation and many solutions have been proposed by scientists, socio-economists and this essay is going to discuss a few which might be the most feasible.

Firstly, education should be designed to raise awareness of the impacts of deforestation so that people would stop cutting down forest. It is common that human's harmful behaviors are caused by illiteracy. This is evidenced by many studies showing that people who understand the consequences of their demeanor would be more considerate and tend to think twice before conducting a damaging action. Equipping people with the knowledge of the importance of ceasing deforestation allows people to make a conscious decision to preserve our planet, not only for their generation but also for the future generations. This justifies that education is one of the most effective solutions for preventing the diminishing of the forest.

In addition, alternative materials and housing solutions should be developed to avoid the needs for cutting down trees. The reasons behind deforestation are demand for materials, mainly for making furniture and papers, and land for agriculture and habitation. By providing alternative options to those needs, it is strongly believed that people will minimize their forest clearance. For example, a current study has revealed that by switching from newspapers and conventional books to electronic formats help save million of tons of wood and therefore a significant area of forest has been saved. This exemplifies alternative technologies can effectively reduce the cutting down of forest.

In conclusion, the aforementioned solutions are two in many solutions to prevent deforestation, however I believe they are the most effective and feasible. By means of education and development of alternative technologies that eliminate the need to cut down trees, hopefully people will stop destroying the forest and only then should we think of restoring it.
    Last edited by Chi Nguyen; 28-Jan-2014 at 07:46.