Post Thanks / Like

Default pls check my essay grammer and puncuation

Identity

Identity is defined as when you ask yourself "who we are and with whom we fit". There are many kinds of social identity such as national identity, regional identity, and racial identity, ethnic identity, economic super-regions etc. National identity mean "relating to, or belonging to a nation as an organized whole". Ethnic identity mean "relating to a sizable group of people sharing a common and distinctive racial, national, religious, linguistic, or cultural heritage", and "Being a member of a particular ethnic group, especially belonging to a national group by heritage or culture but residing outside its national boundaries". Some people would say national and ethnic identities are not important to them. However, I disagree with them because national identity and ethnic identity gave me facilities, protection, language.

The national identity is important to me and my family because of the education, the protection, and the facilities. The first important thing from national identity is education. For instance, the government provide for us schools and universities and teachers to make us educated. The second factor is protection. To illustrate, our government provide for us strong Military. As a result, we have strong military which is provide for us the safe in every where. In contrast, in Afghanistan there are no safe because the government does not provide strong military. Finally, the government provides facilities. Moreover, my country government provides for me and my family house, healthcare, and the government gave the groom many to effort the wedding ceremony.

The ethnic identity is important for me and my family because it gives us the culture heritage, and common ancestry. The first important thing from ethnic identity is the culture heritage. For instance, the way of the dressing and the behavior are from the cultural heritage. Finally, the ancestry is the main factor in the ethnic identity. Furthermore, when I or my sibling will marry we check the ancestry of the person who we will marry.

To sum up, national identity and the ethnic identity are very important for emirates society. In my opinion, national identity gave us the rights. In my own experience, the ethnic identity is the main part of our life because it shows for us who you are.

Tdol is offline Editor, UsingEnglish.com
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: pls check my essay grammer and puncuation

Identity is defined as when you ask yourself "who we are and with whom we fit". - Isn't it the answers to these questions rather than the question itself?
    and racial identity- delete 'and' and put it before the last item in the list
    "relating to, or belonging to a nation as an organized whole"- you are quoting here, but don't give the source.
    I disagree with them because national identity and ethnic identity gave me facilities, protection, language.- That's your opinion, but it doesn't say why they are wrong, if they are, to think the way that they think
    The national identity- delete 'the'
    provide for us- delete 'for us'
    there are no safe- is no safety (also, the military are normally to protect from outside dangers more than internal, which is the job of the police)
    provide strong military- a
    my country government- country's
    culture heritage- adjective
    Furthermore, when I or my sibling will marry we check the ancestry of the person who we will marry.- this point is not connected to your argument- why do you check and why should you?
    emirates- the Emirates
    shows for us who you are- shows us who we are