Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Armenian
Home Country
Armenia
Current Location
Russian Federation
I heard the teacher say this sentence:" I'll give you another question..." in one of schools. I usually say " I 'll ask you another question" or "I have another question for you". A friend of mine insists on " give another question" as the right option. I think, we can ask a question, but we can give a task. Any ideas?

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
I heard the teacher say this sentence:" I'll give you another question..." in one of schools. I usually say " I 'll ask you another question" or "I have another question for you". A friend of mine insists on " give another question" as the right option. I think, we can ask a question, but we can give a task. Any ideas?
"I'll give you another question" is one correct way of many in which this can be said.

MikeNewYork

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States

All three of your options are correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.