Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
By offering lower prices and a menu of personal communications options, such as caller identification and voice mail,
the new telecommunications company has not only captured customers from other phone companies
but also forced these companies to offer competitive prices.

:?:Question: At first, I thought that the parts in green correspond to the parts in red.
But afterwards I felt my idea is very very strange and wrong.
Then I asked for help, and a Chinese told me that "customers should be understood as
the informations about customers, and the parts in green correspond to customers ".
Of course, in meaning, I agree with his opinion; but with the consideration of structure of the sentence,
I can't yet be sure his opinion is right. So I still want to know what the parts in green correspond to. Can you help me? Sincere thanks!!!

Last edited:

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
'Caller identification and voice mail' are two of the previously mentioned 'personal communications options'.

MikeNewYork

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
By offering lower prices and a menu of personal communications options, such as caller identification and voice mail,
the new telecommunications company has not only captured customers from other phone companies
but also forced these companies to offer competitive prices.

:?:Question: At first, I thought that the parts in green correspond to the parts in red.
But afterwards I felt my idea is very very strange and wrong.
Then I asked for help, and a Chinese told me that "customers should be understood as
the informations about customers, and the parts in green correspond to customers ".
Of course, in meaning, I agree with his opinion; but with the consideration of structure of the sentence,
I can't yet be sure his opinion is right. So I still want to know what the parts in green correspond to. Can you help me? Sincere thanks!!!

We do not normally pluralize "information".

Status
Not open for further replies.