Greetings! I would like you to help me, if possible, in writing a motivational letter for scholarship. I have an early draft and I'd be eternally grateful if you could help me to further improve it.

Dear Sirs and Madams:

With this letter I would like to express my interest in studying at the RIT Croatia’s IT college department with help of scholarship.
I’m 18 years old and as such am finishing 4th grade of grammar school of Dubrovnik. There I have obtained a wide array of skills. For instance, I have learned how to work in teams, namely through various physics projects of practical nature. Furthermore, of the utmost importance I find the knowledge that I have gathered through years of attending the school. With my educational background I do indeed believe I am a fitting candidate for the scholarship. I have chosen RIT Croatia to be my first choice as I consider its reputation and programme to be of highest quality.

Since my early age I have always been interested in all things even vaguely connected with IT. True, in the very beginnings most of it had to do with one computer game or another. However, soon enough problems started popping up. At first those were minor things and, truthfully very irritating, but I started to see them as challenges and games unto themselves. Therefore, I started to search for greater challenges such as getting PCs rid of various viruses and whatnot. I still remember the first time I created a bootable Windows XP USB using only command prompt and I like to believe that was the moment I decided to pursue a career in IT department.

Thus I find the RIT Croatia’s IT department to be a perfect choice for an aspiring programmer. Specifically, it is its emphasis on practical knowledge such as learning about web design and developing applications for mobile devices that I find so suiting to my needs. Equally important is an opportunity to finish a year of college overseas which I believe to be a consequential factor in gathering a number of contacts and skills that would otherwise be inaccessible. Therefore I would be grateful if you decide to accept my application for said scholarship.

Thank you in advance for considering my application.

Sincerely,

Petar