Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Technology designed to make ou

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miihui

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Taiwan
Current Location
Taiwan
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Technology designed to make our life simpler actually makes our life more complicated.

I agree with this statement.

First of all, communication becomes harder because people tend to rely on a variety of tools to express their opinions and feelings rather than face to face. For example, the emerge of the Facebook does extend the opportunity of contacting with our friends who are abroad; however, my roommate used Facebook to ask me some questions just next to me. I have no idea that why people are inclined to stared on the computer monitor instead of chatting with the friends or family nearby.

Second, the bombarded information makes us spend more time to narrow down the useful database. Some people may say that thank to the Internet, we can research more easily and quickly. But, in my opinion, the websites are filled with too much information and some of them even irrelative to our topic. The recently study indicated that almost eighty percentage of Taiwanese will come up with ''Google'' whenever they face problems.

Last but not least, duo to the ever-advancing technology, people have more choices in the everyday life. From eating to commodities, we have an assortment of options, and it really results in a complicated living way. For instance, there are a lot of smart phones are published every months. My brother even spent almost a week considering about which one he wanted to buy. Compared against one decade ago, we had few choices and it was unnecessary to waste time to decide which was better.

All in all, technology brings a large amount of advantages included convenience and entertainment. Nevertheless, it still has negative influence in our society.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Welcome to the forum.

When will you submit this essay to your English teacher?

Miihui

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Taiwan
Current Location
Taiwan
Welcome to the forum.

When will you submit this essay to your English teacher?

I wrote it for practice because I am going to take TOEFL test at the end of this month
So, no deadline actually

Status
Not open for further replies.