[Essay] Can u check the grammar and punctation in this paragraph :) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrFalki

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
German
Home Country
Germany
Current Location
Germany
Hey guyz,

Please check the grammar in this paragraphs of my research paper (it should be a formal text with no slang/conversational english):

1. Methodical consideration
The reason why I have chosen this topic is my personal fascination of the American Dream. So I watched the movie “The Great Gatsby”, which is a very successful remake of the original novel with the same name, written by F. Scott Fitzgerald in 1925. It is a very good example of the ups and downs of the American Dream. Before I saw this film, I only knew about the upside and that is why it was exciting to me to have a closer look at the downside and the failure of the American Dream.

1. Composition of the study
At first, I want to define my topic exactly. I am going to explain the idea of the American Dream, especially how it should be. For that, I will show some different understandings and the view of the author. Afterwards I will introduce “The Great Gatsby” with a short summary. Then, in the main part of this study, some important scenes will be presented and interpreted with reference to the failure of the American Dream. Subsequently this failure will be shown in the context of materialism. To sum up my study, I will evaluate and summarize my results.

1. Rewriting to the posing of the question
The main question of this study will be if the American Dream can fail by the corruption through materialism.
This question is only in reference to “The Great Gatsby”, but not to the real situation in America, so it will be an open-end question.

It's the introduction to my Research paper and i think i made some mistakes in grammar and punctation.

Thanks for the correction :)
Yours Mrfalki

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Welcome to the forum.

As a research paper, will you submit this piece to be marked by a teacher/tutor?

Also, you said in your first line "it should be a formal text with no slang/conversational english". Firstly, "English" must be capitalised at all times. Secondly, the same rule goes for this forum. Please don't use "u" as you did in your title, nor "guyz" as you did as your salutation. Use full standard English words all the time please.

Remember to capitalise the word "I" at all times and to end every sentence with a single, appropriate punctuation mark. Don't try to make up your own smilies/emoticons, just click on the
:) button in the toolbar and select the relevant one.

Status
Not open for further replies.