Online survey- please take a look and help :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angel666

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Australia
[FONT=sans-serif, Arial]Hi everyone,
Iam currently working on my Master thesis. The topic of my thesis is:The linguistic creaitivity of LOLspeak and Textspeak.
[/FONT]

[FONT=sans-serif, Arial]Mytopic area is the language of the Internet with a focus on thelinguistic issues of Textspeak and LOLspeak. In particular, I examinethe effects of character limitations on linguistic choices in eachgenre.[/FONT]

[FONT=sans-serif, Arial]Concerningthe empirical part of my thesis, I would like to create my owncorpora by collecting real examples of SMS messages. I am planning tocollect a sample of private text messages of native speakers ofEnglish, because native speakers of English are more likely to usenon-standard English, so we can predict that they are more sensitiveto the nuances of the language style characteristics of Textspeak.[/FONT]

[FONT=sans-serif, Arial]Ihave already designed a questionnaire in which I ask participants toshare their real SMS messages and additionally ask forsociolinguistic information, such as gender, age, nationality, thepurpose of the message, the intended recipient of the message, andthe participants’ frequency of texting.[/FONT]

[FONT=sans-serif, Arial]Iwould like to invite all native speakers of English to participate inmy project. I assure the anonymity of individual text messages andalso agree to thank those participants who wish to reveal their realnames, in the acknowledgements of my thesis.[/FONT]

[FONT=sans-serif, Arial]Hereis the link to my study:[/FONT]

[FONT=sans-serif, Arial]https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/K9T3N8N[/FONT]

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Re: Online survey- take a look and help :) !

I checked the link. It is a genuine surveymonkey questionnaire.

If members wish to take part, they should be prepared to give up more than a couple of minutes.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I'm willing to do your survey but first, please click on "Edit Post" and sort out the spacing in your post. I think you've copied and pasted it and some of the spacing has disappeared. You have several examples like "Iwould", "inmy", "Iam" and many more.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Can people provide any number of text messages or do they have to complete every space for them on the form?

Please stop posting duplicate posts about this survey. One post is enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.